Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm a dumbass...

On a recent trip to Goodwill I found myself standing in line (wishing I was over 55 because they get a 10% discount...) admiring a rack of handbags by the checkout. I have far more handbags than I need, but for some reason I felt the desire to give them a look-see. Tucked behind several crappy bags was a really nice (p)leather black bag. I pulled it off the rack and began admiring it. It was super-cute and looked pretty new. And HEY! it was a blue tag which meant it was 50% off (take that over 55 crowd!). I added it to my collection of purchases and waited in line.

Because I am curious and wanted to make sure it really was worth the now $10 price tag (when did Goodwill get so expensive anyway?) I began fishing inside the pockets and found... well... my own business card. Yup. That's right my friends. I picked out a bag that I HAD DONATED to Goodwill a couple months earlier. No wonder I liked the bag.

Thus my conclusion that I am a giant dumbass.

12 comments:

  1. That is better than awesome!!! Obviously you and that purse are meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm late to the party. Jules sent me your way. Sounds like you and the purse are having some separation issues. :) Next time paint a big orange X on your donations. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeesh. I thought they cleaned those things out when you donated them before putting them back on the shelf for resale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this...I can see myself doing the exact same thing...only with shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fate that brought you to that bag two times. You guys were meant to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't leave us hanging-- did you buy it???

    Want me to tell you how many times I've paid the library for books from their sale table to come home and realize I had donated the book(s) to them? Yikes-- no wonder I can't de-clutter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really made me laugh out loud, because I can totally see something like this happening to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the post! you and the bag are meant to be together forever! Did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please tell me you DID NOT pay for your own bag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello all -

    So, in the end, I did not but the bag. After laughing at myself for a long time, I decided that the bag was meant to be with someone else. I gave it away once because I never used it (I remembered that I didn't like the straps) and I realized that paying $10 for something that I'd use a couple times and then donate again was not the best plan....

    Sorry to disappoint those that feel the bag and I were meant to be together!

    ReplyDelete