Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Boy Mama! I'm Moving Out!

So, a commercial for Jersey Boys just came on TV. Here's what I want to know: Who the hell is going to these shows? (insert disparaging remark about lonely baby boomers here....) Mama Mia, Jersey Boys, Moving Out? From what I can tell (from the 30 second commercial) these are glorified concerts. I am all for a concert, don't get me wrong, but I usually like to go to concerts where the performer has either written or originated the song. I know that there is some oddly-stitched together storyline that doesn't completely make sense - but aren't these shows just glorified karaoke? And instead of a two drink minimum you have to shell out $125? No thanks.

But if someone wants to give me a ticket to one of these shows, I'll totally go.

No comments:

Post a Comment